Subject: [Leica] R lenses on any Digital body - exposure problem
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu Jan 29 14:12:26 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 3:04 PM, Steve Unsworth wrote:

> No, but I've used a 50mm Summicron at f5.6/f8.
>
> The first three rows on this page were 5D and various lenses...
>
> http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/Albums/2006_Misc/index1.htm
>
> Plus from memory all of the images on this page...
>
> http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/Albums/2006_Misc/index2.htm
>

> As I say, I used this technique for a couple of years with the 5D.
> Sorry to
> hear your experience was different.

it seems that way Steve... but I am not sure...

it seems that if you don't stop down much, you don't overexpose much,
and the images esp RAW are fixable...

but you are talking about a minor problem, with no compensation except
at the end processing stage,

it seems that your mileage differs,

maybe it is attenuated by not stopping down much,

but it appears to quantitatively/maybe qualitatively differ from other
Canon 5D/leica R lens users...

Steve