Subject: [Leica] re: Erwin
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sun Feb 1 07:16:19 2009

Mark,
Thanks for the reply.

I constantly shoot, develop, print, and exhibit, but I never post.
I just ordered a scanner, however, so that may be coming.

To do digital well, you have to work at it, just as you have to develop
your skills in the darkroom.
I simply don't have the time to learn to do it well.
In the darkroom, I spend a lot of time making a print look good. I'd
rather have one good print than 10 mediocre.

At the moment, I'd rather spend my limited time in the darkroom rather
than in front of computer.

When I have more time, I'll begin to master Photoshop.

In the mean time, I'll continue to enjoy the darkroom. I especially
like developing film. I plan to master scanning  negatives and then go
on to Photoshop. I like the control Photoshop provides, but I need to
master it.

Doug

Message: 15