Subject: [Leica] Photoshop B&W plugin
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon Feb 2 09:36:56 2009

Larry Z wrote:>Unfortunately the plug-ins do not work on the Mac. Does
anyone know
>of a free B&W plug-in for a Mac based Photoshop or Elements?

Sorry -- I didn't realize the plug-ins were platform-specific.  One option
for Mac users is Google's Picasa, which is now available for Mac, at least
in beta.  Two conversion methods are offered -- simple and filtered.  The
filtered one (Effects > filtered B&W) is really neat because you can just
run your mouse around the filter palette until you see the effect you want.
 You can also add grain but there's no way to control it and the default is
pretty coarse.  You can do toning effects (after conversion) by going to the
"tuning" tab and using the color correction slider to warm up the look.  I
realize this isn't a plugin and involves installing Picasa, but it's another
possibility for some.  I use Picasa a lot anyway (on a PC).

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE