Subject: [Leica] Re:Monster High-tech 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and everyone else
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Feb 4 13:35:13 2009

I think Nikon just may have learned something about optics in the past 30
years. I love my old pre AF glass the build is great but I think the smart
money is on the modern glass from Nikon better better than the old stuff.
And that would apply to Leica and Minolta and any other glass making
company. Corning.
Build is great nostalgia is great but optical science marches on.
They're charging 500 bucks for the darned thing.
It going to be better than something they were knocking out for 88 bucks out
of Thailand which said Nikon on it.

Mark William Rabiner