Subject: [Leica] Re:Monster High-tech 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and everyone else
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Feb 5 07:24:03 2009

I have gotten into a bad habit, in the last couple of years, to never
sell an older Leica or Nikon lens. I always regret it when I do and
then end up buying back the same model lens but normally in not as
good a condition as what I sold.  All my Nikon lenses are either AI,
AIS or AI converted by Nikon when they started the conversion program
in the late 70's. The D700 has brought back a renewed interest in my
manual focus prime Nikkors.  I find I even enjoy using my old 43-86mm
zoom that Henning rates lower then a dog in his lens reviews.
Backward compatible, you bet. Also one of the reasons why Leica has
survived all these years.

Len