Subject: [Leica] Re: Monster High-tech 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and everyone else now China
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams)
Date: Thu Feb 5 07:10:31 2009

Nikon setup shop in China years ago. Their factory in Thailand produces the
D70,D80,D90, etc. I know more is produced in Thailand, I just don't the
exact products without looking it up. The plant was built in the early '90s
and expanded for the D70 in 2004. 800,000 D70 units came out of Thailand.
Nikon also made the "new" 18-70/DX lens to be sold as a kit with the D70 in
Thailand, a great "consumer" lens, featuring a metal body at that! The "pro"
gear is still "Made in Japan".

What you learn when you work in a camera shop, yep worthless info.

Chris
NOLA