Subject: [Leica] Question about Lens CLA/Cleaning
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Thu Feb 5 15:42:51 2009

I've purchased an old Zeiss Jena Sonnar 2/85 the focusing was very
tight and I've gave it to a local workshop to be CLA, the glass is in
perfect condition but dusty. The man of the workshop will do again the
correct lubrication and he said me too that at the same time he will
clean the dust, soaped on petrol, I was very surprised and he said me
that this is absolutely usual.

Can someone confirm me if this can not affect the fluorite coating of
the Zeiss lenses or be maybe damaged?

Thank you very much!

Saludos cordiales
Lluis