Subject: [Leica] Question about Lens CLA/Cleaning
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Feb 5 22:53:39 2009

Lluis I would not let anyone put my lens elements in petrol.   Zeiss and
Leica use their own cleaning solutions which I think are based on isopropyl
alcohol.  It is very pure and leaves no residue behind. Petrol could be used
to degrease metal parts before they are re-lubricated. Ultrasonic baths can
also be used to clean optics. Petrol is suitable for cleaning your bicycle
chain or running your car engine.