Subject: [Leica] Problem Formating the SD Card, some help?
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat Feb 7 08:03:41 2009

Lluis,

You need to format the card in the M8, the mac format will not do. ?Check to
see what firmware is loaded into your M8, it is in the menu, the latest
firmware is 2.02. ?If you have if yours is lower than 2.01, you need to
upgrade to use SD cards larger than 2G. You need to get a 2G or smaller card
if you do not have firmware 2.01 or 2.02. ?I use 2G SanDisk Extreeme III
cards. ?Once you format a smaller card you can go to the Leica website and
go to the Downloads page and download the latest firmware there, then
transfer the file to the SD card. ?You also need to follow the instructions
for loading the firmware very closely. ?The instructions are a different
download. ?Once you have the latest firmware you can use the larger SD cards.

Cheers,
Gene

 -------------- Original message from Lluis Ripoll
<luisripoll@telefonica.net>: --------------