Subject: [Leica] Monster High-tech 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and everyone else -distortion
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sat Feb 7 18:04:00 2009

The Nikkor 28/1.4 is a fantastic lens.  It balances very well on a D700 or
an F100.  The photos taken with a wide lens in this gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene/Tsukiji/ are all taken with that
Nikkor.

I prefer it to my Summilux 35 asph and the 28 Summicron, but I suspect from
having observed the performance of many of the newest Leica M lenses, the
new Leica 21 and 24mm Summilux wides will perform better.

Anyone who thinks that any of the M lenses are 'big' should get a Nikkor
28/1.4.

Marty

Gallery: http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene

--