Subject: [Leica] Leica's 50mm F1.4 R E60 - Don't forget That!
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (Edward J Caliguri)
Date: Sun Feb 8 09:20:34 2009

Folks;

Just a reminder Leica launched almost a decade ago - or more - their 50mm R
1.4 Champ; no Asphericals - just a GREAT design. I have the latest G Nikkor
50mm 1.4, used it on?my F5, D3 and a borrowed D3X - The Leica Summilux R in
its latest iteration cannot be beat, by a long-shot, especially on film.

I also happen to have the 35 ASPHERICAL Summilux M with 2 hand ground
aspherical elements, and a?35 - 70mm R?f/2.8 ASPH . with the large front
aspherical hand ground element (got it before the price shot up). Both these
lenses were replaced by designs that are also fantastic, and although I
cannot see a difference between the 35 f/1.4 M ASPH and it's earlier
Some say the new Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 comes close - ?and they may be right -
have not tested them 'Lens to Lens' .

Edward