Subject: [Leica] f/1.4 and be there...at ISO 25K!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Feb 8 23:21:23 2009

FASCINATING TESTS to me its all about what the results might be with letter
sized or 11x14 prints in terms of what the results might be at 6400 vs. 3200
or Hi or 1600 and what the 1.4 gives you in terms of these ISO's in these
ultra low light situations that a 2.8 or f4 does not. Three or four stops of
a very high ISO change is what. But what numbers and what does the noise or
lack of look like.
Seeing the lens in scale with the cameras is daunting.
Twould seem to dwarf a Noctilux!
72 vs. 60 filter size....
I'm guessing we're going to be seeing a lot of photojournalists and
commercial photographers using this lens; as well of of course a lot of
serious armatures.

Mark William Rabiner