Subject: [Leica] Thanks Howard! Re: The Battle of the 50mm 1.4's
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Mon Feb 9 20:38:40 2009

But as I recall (sob!--sold it 20 years ago), my Nocti was heavier.
Brass I suppose.
I'm mentally drooling over the idea of a full-frame M9 with a D700-
like, "merely" 12MP CMOS sensor (low noise and ISO 25600 capability)?
with a Nocti!
Photography in total darkness!

I was at a State Park lodge at my hometown in southern Ohio recently
where photos of the lodge during its construction were hanging on the
walls. I recognized them as the moonlight time-exposure photos that I
took when I was a college student working summers there as a park
ranger in 1966-7. As I recall, High Speed Ektachrome, M2 + Canon 50/2
collapsible, and a minute or two Bulb setting on a tripod. I still
recall the sense of wonder at seeing the developed slides with their
underexposed-daylight-like images, complete with blue sky.

--howard