Subject: [Leica] Thanks Howard! Re: The Battle of the 50mm 1.4's
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (Edward J Caliguri)
Date: Mon Feb 9 14:42:00 2009

Thanks Howard!?The Nikon D700 is something else. I recall as a kid with a
Nikkormat and 50 f/2.0 using a tripod in the cold for moonlit shots at
midnight, with star tracks and all. Here - you can almost read the
weathervane's 'rotor housing' or whatever it's called! I hope Leica is able
to come to a good compromise between pixel size and number if and when the
R10 hits the shelves. I am constantly amazed at how this D700 performs, and
I like it much more than the new Canon 5D which has?more megapixels overall.

No - not giving up he Leicas; But this shows that there is a place for a
'few' system cameras in everyone's arsenal.

But that Sigma 50mm! That looks like a Noctilux on Steroids!

Ed

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Thanks Howard! Re: The Battle of the 50mm 1.4's)
Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] Thanks Howard! Re: The Battle of the 50mm 1.4's)