Subject: [Leica] Fuji camera for the hiker
From: Jan.Decher at uvm.edu (Jan Decher)
Date: Tue Feb 10 06:17:34 2009

On Feb 9, 2009, at 10:48 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:
> For that kind of money a pretty nice Rolleiflex TLR camera could be
> purchased, cla'd, and put to the same use. Maybe the TLR would be
> have more bulk to it (but also lighter) but I bet it's photo's will
> be as good, or better, and it will hold its value far beyond a new
> folder.
> Greg Lorenzo

Greg,
You would have to compare it to a current Rolleiflex GX / FX TLR with
internal state-of-the-art meter which are $ 3K +,  but you also get
120/220 capability (which for some idiotic reason the current Rolleis
don't offer),  the  6x7 format option, and the much more portable
shape of the folder.
I agree with Jean that a wideangle version (65mm) of the Bessa III
would be nice...
Jan

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Fuji camera for the hiker)