Subject: [Leica] Fuji camera for the hiker
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Tue Feb 10 09:08:20 2009

I'd still buy a lightly used Rollei TLR with dual format.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada> From: Jan.Decher@uvm.edu> Subject: [Leica] Fuji camera for
the hiker> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:17:22 -0500> To: lug@leica-users.org> >
> On Feb 9, 2009, at 10:48 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:> > For
that kind of money a pretty nice Rolleiflex TLR camera could be > >
purchased, cla'd, and put to the same use. Maybe the TLR would be > > have
more bulk to it (but also lighter) but I bet it's photo's will > > be as
good, or better, and it will hold its value far beyond a new > > folder.> >
Greg Lorenzo> > > Greg,> You would have to compare it to a current
Rolleiflex GX / FX TLR with > internal state-of-the-art meter which are $ 3K
+, but you also get > 120/220 capability (which for some idiotic reason the
current Rolleis > don't offer), the 6x7 format option, and the much more
portable > shape of the folder.> I agree with Jean that a wideangle version
(65mm) of the Bessa III > would be nice...> Jan> > > >> > >