Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 38, Issue 425
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Feb 10 19:00:52 2009

Hi Ed, those are my Snow Monkeys, not Howards! Maybe a post edit has caused
confusion there. I usually shorten threads when replying to save space and
electrons.
on the high ISO's, I find that careful exposure makes a large difference
regarding noise with the M8. Good post processing helps a lot too. With my
film M's I never went above 400 ISO. With the M8 I am happy with ISO 640
routinely and use higher when needed. Auto ISO is a great help there too,
only increasing the gain for you if the shutter speed drops too low.
Whatever you are shooting with, I think that the Summilux 50 ASPH. is the
best 1.4 50 on the planet!
--
Cheers
Geoff