Subject: [Leica] Question re SM to M Adapters weird one has SN engraved by Leitz
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Feb 12 04:47:10 2009

When Leica started making the bayonet mount and made adapters for
existing lenses, you could order a lens from Leica with a matching
adapter. I briefly had a 8.5 cm Summarex with a matching adapter that
had the lens serial number engraved in it. The lens and adapter had
the same serial number. I don't recall if the adapter had another
number or not. It sounds like through the years your lens got paired
up with an adapter from another lens.

Len