Subject: [Leica] AP or Jobo or Paterson or...
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Thu Feb 12 13:35:13 2009

Of the plastic brands I've only used Paterson, and I hate them with a
passion.

Generally plastic tanks use a larger volume of chemistry per roll,
occasionally crack when being thumped for air bubbles (I've never done it
but have had several students who were a little too enthusiatic about
pounding tanks on the countertop) and if you mess up ratcheting the film on
to the reel, you can be royally screwed.

I swear by stainless tanks with the black plastic tops, and only use the
Hewes brand pronged stainless reels that are made in Britain.