Subject: [Leica] AP or Jobo or Paterson or...
From: nmsbaeta at gmail.com (Nuno Miguel dos Santos Baeta)
Date: Thu Feb 12 13:19:37 2009

Hello!

For many years, I've been using a local shop to develop, print and
scan my colour film.  I know the owner and he lets me use his (quite
huge)  Agfa lab.  For B&W I also use his very old development and
printing equipment.

Now my "problem".  My friend and photographer will retire in June and
will donate all his equipment (including a 113 years old camera) to a
museum.  That means that I will "loose" the equipment to develop,
print and scan.  Nowadays I rarely make colour film photos (one roll a
month ?!?), but I still make many B&W film photos (at least a roll per
week).

I can take my colour film to some shop and hope for the best but I
want to keep developing my B&W film.

I just want equipment to develop the film, but which brand should I
buy?  AP, Jobo, Paterson or another brand?  Are there any important
differences to buy one brand instead of another?

BTW, his B&W equipment is a mix of pieces some of known brands (e.g.,
the enlarger is a Rollei) and some with no brand (e.g., the tanks).
His advice was buy the cheapest made of plastic.  Is this a good
advice?

TIA

--
Nuno Miguel dos Santos Baeta
ille nihil dubitat quem nulla scientia dictat

Replies: Reply from topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan) ([Leica] AP or Jobo or Paterson or...)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] AP or Jobo or Paterson or...)
Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] AP or Jobo or Paterson or...)
Reply from morggan at earthlink.net (Horacio Sofi) ([Leica] AP or Jobo or Paterson or...)