Subject: [Leica] my first Leica
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Feb 14 15:08:25 2009

It was 40 years ago today that I got my first Leica.

My friend (and boss) David Labovitz mentioned to me that he'd seen a decent
selection of used Leicas at Industrial Photo in Silver Spring, Maryland. I
went in on Friday, 14 February, 1969 just minutes after  retiring
photographer from the Baltimore Sun had put up his IIIf kit on consignment.
I bought the whole thing (body, 3 lenses, 3 finders, 3 metal lens caps,
leather case) and have had it ever since. He was its first owner and I am
its second.

I mostly use my M8 these days, but the IIIf is still a damn fine camera.

Replies: Reply from del at pscc.com (David E. Labovitz) ([Leica] my first Leica)
Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] my first Leica)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] my first Leica)