Subject: [Leica] Facebook
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Feb 17 05:38:17 2009

Douglas

Not 100% true with facebook, what you say.

Email notifications: might be unabled in the personal profile.

Profile data: only facebook collects the profile data, AFAIK they do not
sell adresses or profiles (but maybe will do one day - rumours are going
on). What I am concerned, I have not received one facebook related spam mail
 in half a year of membership. But I get ads related to my gender and age
("Hair loss troubles?"  ;-)

Ads on facebook: Consider me as mean bad shadowy marketing gnome ;-) if you
want... Actually I am planning to run an ad campaign on facebook switzerland
in march, for a client of mine, for almost 100k CHF (85k $). As facebook ad
client, I have the choices of targeting by country, by age, by gender, and
keywords like lifestyle and such. I have no way to get member's adresses or
profiles or group memberships. Nevertheless we expect the campaign to be
more effective than a 500k CHF print campaign.

facebook is similar to the LUG: a saloon where you spend more time gabbling
and chatting than you wanted ;-)

Didier

Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Facebook)