Subject: [Leica] Facebook
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Feb 13 07:39:05 2009

John,

after my wife tried various similar things and started getting one
helluvalot of unsolicited mails, I decided not to.

Most of them are run in the shadowy background by marketing people
collecting addresses and target group profiles and selling them at
enormous profit. As soon as you enter any of your interests or hobbies
you are already a target for "target group relevant" marketing mailings.

The only thing I'm in that is vaguely similar is the Schlumberger Alumni
Hub for ex-employees.

Douglas