Subject: [Leica] Facebook
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Tue Feb 17 09:06:03 2009

I agree with the disposal email.  One can create a gmail with one name and
then use that to create a yahoo account with another name thereby creating
a completely independent persona for all this stuff.

At 07:32 PM 2/13/2009, you wrote:
>Quoth the George Lottermoser :
>
> > I'm on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
> > Each a tad strange (to my sensibility)
> > and potentially worthwhile
> > depending on the time spent with them.
>
>Agree with all of that.  Especially on the "time spent" as I quickly
>discovered that in order to make them work well, from the
>networking/business standpoint, I'd need an extra couple of hours a
>day and I'm not willing to devote that to them.
>
>As well, there's the unfortunate reality that most of the people
>who've wanted to "get back in touch with me" via facebook and
>linkedin are people I'd much prefer not to ever hear from, or of,
>again.  I STRONGLY recommend creating a disposable email address
>somewhere for "social media" stuff.
>
>--
>

>R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
>Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com
>P O Box 571900                           voice/fax   713/783-3502
>Houston, TX 77257-1900                   cell phone #  on request

Chris Saganich MS, CPH
Senior Physicist, Office of Health Physics
New York Presbyterian Hospital
chs2018@med.cornell.edu
http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/
Ph. 212.746.6964