Subject: [Leica] to be young again...
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Feb 18 07:43:05 2009

While I await the return of my 28/2.8 R so I can mount it on a D700 I've
decided to take on another project. I'm going to

...buy one of these.....

http://tinyurl.com/akcrmh

...and buy and build one of these to put it in....

http://tinyurl.com/ctxlom

...or if I feel up to it, one of these (the expert model)...

http://tinyurl.com/as9ctk

...although after my failure with the 28/2.8 Elmarit I'm not feeling
very expert. But it's a cool looking model.

FYI. The Hubble Space Telescope will be decommissioned in a couple of
years. Every few years they need to send a space shuttle up to give it a
CLA. And here I thought a IIIf CLA was expensive!

The James Webb Space Telescope is being constructed to photograph the
far reaches of the universe. Hopefully they won't make the same mistake
they originally made with the Hubble. The primary mirror being a
whopping 2 microns too flat, which caused spherical aberration that they
couldn't fix the Photoshop, so they had to send up a compensating lens.
(Wouldn't it have been cheaper just to have Leica code the lens?) That
was in 1993. My how time flies.

I know that was off topic, but sometimes I wonder if in the current
economic climate the only real innovations we're going to see going
forward will be from government sponsored projects. That's not so bad,
but I wonder if the Hubble will become a shooting star before we see a
full frame M.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] to be young again...)