Subject: [Leica] Re: Advice needed
From: leica at ralgo.nl (leica)
Date: Fri Feb 20 02:45:12 2009

With the price of storage so low now (high quality 1TB. disks at ?
$115), that is the best route to go, either in mirrored (RAID 1) or
with multiple disks in RAID 5. For those worried about theft, fire or
water incursions, what about an old safe of 200/300 Kgs. Leave the
system inside, and just disconnect the cables when exiting the premises.

Concerning the software, I would consider Lightroom, as has been said
by others and i-View (http://www.iview-multimedia.com/). Being run by
two of the industry's largest companies, Adobe and now Microsoft,
longevity and continuance should be relatively assured.

The biggest problem facing many is the cataloguing. Preparing a
suitable list of search terms is vital. And. I guess, the ideal way
is record, as you say, where and when. Some of the DSLRs have, I
understand, a brief recording mode .......... or a small digital
voice recorder.

Success,
Bruce.