Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW week 7 visiting with a serious lady
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Feb 20 19:55:29 2009

This week I spent a little time with "Liberty Bell" a B17 in great condition
for a lady of 64.  The crew let me crawl around her pretty much at will.
 First up is looking directly up her chin.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW2009/Week+7/Rated+G.jpg.html

Waists can be a concern for an elderly lady;

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW2009/Week+7/Waist+position.jpg.html

Seeing things from her point of view:

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW2009/Week+7/pilot+viewpoint.jpg.html

and
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW2009/Week+7/house+of+Nordon.jpg.html

It is a little embarrassing how much help you need in the morning:

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW2009/Week+7/nine+times+around.jpg.html

For me, it is almost a spiritual experience to hear a radial engine slowly,
so very slowly cough to life, blow out it's life's blood before smoothing
out and settling in with it's three sisters in harness for the work at hand.
 This last image was taken just after all nine cylinders were firing on
number three.

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW2009/Week+7/number+3+waking+up.jpg.html

Let us all hope that planes built with the mission that this one was built
for are never again used in such a fashion.

--
Don
don.dory@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from Clive at moss.net (Clive Moss) ([Leica] Don's PAW week 7 visiting with a serious lady)