Subject: [Leica] Re: Karmann Ghia
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Feb 23 11:44:10 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 1:23 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> Nice shot Mark, saw one recently in immaculate condition.
>
> Douglas
> _________
> Douglas Barry
> Bray, Co. Wicklow
> Republic of Ireland
>
> resubbing after being away

If any of you guys lust after a Karmann Ghia, a foreign car repair
shop in my area, Croton-on-Hudson, NY, has one in scruffy condition.
The owner defaulted on paying for a repair and left the car. The
finish is deplorable but the bodywork is good. A good paint job would
restore it to acceptable condition. I don't know about the engine but
old VW air cooled engines are a dime a dozen. I even have a Judson
supercharger in my garage that I could give to the lucky buyer. It
would boost the horsepower from a lowly 42 all the way to 56 or 60
depending on the pulley ratio. Use the car as a case for your IIIf
Leica. Both are about the same age and speak the same language.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: Karmann Ghia)