Subject: [Leica] ABSOLUTE DELIGHT
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:53:02 -0400

Hi All:
I am so excited I can hardly type this message. I can finally use my Leica
lenses again- and now digitally. I can do it without the expense of the M8
which as I have said many times is and will remain out of my reach. What I
am speaking about is, of course, the Panasonic G1 and the adapter provided
by Stephen Gandy at Camera Quest. As soon as I saw the adapter was
available- I realized that I had to get the G1. I traded some analogue
cameras for it...I won't tell you how little I got for these classics (no
Leicas involved), but that's the price you pay these days. Anyway, the day
after I got the G1, PMA showed the GH1...typical.  I sent for the adapter
and Stephen Gandy was good enough to overnight it to me on Saturday, so I
received it today. He is very obliging and the adapter is as advertised, in
other words, utterly spectacular. I yanked out almost all my Leica lenses. A
Voigt. Ultron 28 mm 1.9, (56mm equiv. the "normal" lens), a 35 mm Ultron
1.7(70mm equiv) my Summicron 50, etc.etc. They all worked and even my 0.95
Canon (converted for M use) now works with the Panasonic as an 0.95 100mm
lens. This is wild stuff. All this on a $600.00 body. I slapped on the 28 mm
and ran to a local shop where I imaged the young lady behind the counter. I
have to remember there is no image stabilizer, so I will have to be steadier
in the future- but I enclose the shot the first of many, many I hope with
this outfit. I cannot recommend it highly enough Bests: vroger

http://v-images.smugmug.com/gallery/7556755_Lh3WE#488291961_2Mugg-L-LB

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] ABSOLUTE DELIGHT)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] ABSOLUTE DELIGHT)
Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] ABSOLUTE DELIGHT)