Subject: [Leica] ABSOLUTE DELIGHT
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 07:52:00 -0400

Hi All:
Relative to questions about the G1/Leica Adapter outfit- The 2.0 factor is
irrelevant. I have a 28mm Ultron which is the "normal" lens at 56,mm. The
camera comes with a 28-90 (effective) zoom for the short end and I have a
40mm Rokkor from my CLE which is a medium, as is the 50mm Summicron. My
100mm Canon screw mount with an adapter is now a 200mm f2. As to what lenses
work, as far as I can see any M lens that I have appears to work, be it
screw mount (with adapter) or direct M mount. Because of the sensor
placement, however, the lenses cannot collapse. I also understand from the
Camera Quest site, that certain older Leica lenses that have elements that
are deeply set cannor be used because of the sensor. I don't have any of
these. I feel that sooner orr later Leica will have to come out with
something to compete with this outfit. The LVF (EVF) is excellent as when
the lens is stopped down, it increases in brightness. All in all its just
what I was waiting for. AFFORDABLE!!! vroger

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] ABSOLUTE DELIGHT)
Reply from Clive at moss.net (Clive Moss) ([Leica] ABSOLUTE DELIGHT)
Reply from grdalton at hotmail.com (Gary Dalton) ([Leica] ABSOLUTE DELIGHT)
Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] ABSOLUTE DELIGHT)