Subject: [Leica] Panasonic G1 with Leica Glass / M6 scans
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:21:49 -0400

This adapter is quite intriguing.  I  like the general design & size of the
G1 but am somewhat wary of the EVF.  OTOH my current digital option (Canon
G10) has a very dinky optical VF, no flexible LCD and of course can't take
Leica lenses.  All my current M lenses would turn into telephotos... Even
the ZM Biogon 21mm would just turn into a 42mm... So the WA would be the G1
lens that you have to buy with the body.

How does the G1 image quality compare to the G10?

Perhaps Panasonic will eventually provide its own M adapter given their
affiliation with Leica  somehow utilizing the M8 codes...?

To get from gear talk to photography, I have recently added some M6 / Fuji
Sensia scans from a recent trip to Montreal to the LUG gallery.  All were
scanned in the cardboard mounts the slides came in from the Fuji lab in KS.
 Film was slightly underexposed, which I tried to correct in PSE. All were
taken with the Zeiss ZM 2.8/35mm C-Biogon.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bigon07/Montreal/

Here is one from the same roll taken with an old 4/135mm Elmar her in
Burlington:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bigon07/BWF/16Jan09_Elmar135_lighthouse_LR.jpg.html

Comments welcome.
Jan

From: jhnichols at lighttube.net
...So far as I know, the adapter would be Leica M (bayonet) mount to G1. You
should be able to use any LTM lens with its normal Leica adapter that fits
an M camera.  However, take note that there is a factor of two involved in
the angle of view.  A 90mm LTM would give you the view of an 180mm lens on
the G1. See this link: http://cameraquest.com/adp_micro_43.htm
Jim Nichols

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Panasonic G1 with Leica Glass / M6 scans)