Subject: [Leica] It's just sooo pretty
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 00:17:43 -0500

I agree. Leica should take its cues from Rolleiflex manufacturers Francke &
Heidecke who just declared bankruptcy.  I think it has to do with no longer
offering something in the lower price bracket, which was the Rolleicord for
F&H in the past and the Leica CL or R4, 5, 7... for Leitz.Jan

=====Subject: Re: [Leica] It's just sooooo pretty
What would be REALLY pretty is an affordable bayonet-M digital body in ANY
color!
Sheese, Leica - give up already on these "commemorative" baubles and the S2
megabucks project -- give us an M camera for $2500, and let us use our
lenses again in the digital world. You have out-priced 90 percent of the
faithful rangefinder users, and seem stuck on a tiny market segment of
collectors who won't even take the camera out of the box.
To me that "sooooo pretty" Leica made me think of puke green, 'cause that's
what I want to do when I see all the crazy market directions Leica is
taking, which leaves behind a ever-dwindling number of Leica fans. I'm
hanging in there for Leica, but just barely.
Gary Todoroff