Subject: [Leica] IMG: Re: Black Tape - Silver Tape?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:01:23 +1000

I never understood the theory that a thief will attempt to identify the make
of your camera before deciding whether to try to rob you. Surely these
criminals are not discerning. I suspect that this is one of those Leica
legends that has long circulated. A L.U.M. (Leica urban myth)
On the other hand I have had Leica fans peer closely to look for the Red Dot
before starting a chat with you. I do occasionally get comments about my M8
in a leather half case. "Oh, that's a nice old camera."
I guess that the new tie clip I got at my dealers yesterday is not a good
idea for some folks then!
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/lf/dot.jpg.html