Subject: [Leica] Vuescan and dng scans
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:17:41 +1000

Harrison, if I might add a couple of comments;
If you just want the editing functionality of Raw tools, you can open other
formats (tiff or jpeg) in Adobe Camera Raw. I guess that Lightroom has the
same ability.
I would think that the file size difference when you use the dng convertor
is due to lossless compression being applied to the dng files. For example a
10MB dng from the M8 typically is reduced to 5 or 6MB.
This compression is truly lossless.