Subject: [Leica] Black tape/You meet the nicest people...
From: wvl at comcast.net (Bill Lawlor)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:12:23 -0700

Walking in Paris, 1999, with my M6 (no tape), I was greeted by a
well-dressed man who exclaimed "leeka!" He told me about the M6 he once
owned and the 21mm lens that was his favorite. I remarked that his English
was excellent. He explained he had gone to college in California. I asked
where? He said "a small college you have never heard of, Sonoma State
University". I admitted to being a graduate student at Sonoma State in 1980.
"The year I graduated!" A nice afternoon at his favorite bar followed. I'm
glad I had the camera visible.

Bill Lawlor