Subject: [Leica] Tina's moonrise
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 15:34:23 -0400

On Mar 14, 2009, at 3:10 PM, Tina wrote:

Which is the best?

To my mine the third one truly gives the impression of a moonrise.
Most moonrise pictures image the moon much smaller than we remember
it, although it actually may be the correct size. The moon only
subtends an angle of 30 minutes of arc, less than the size of your
fingernail at arm's length. But, for a variety of reasons, not fully
understood, it appears much larger when just over the horizon.
(Google "moon illusion" for a better explanation.)

Apart from my quibbling about moon size, it really is a very nice
picture.

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/tinamanley/090207_0017.jpg.html

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Tina's moonrise)