Subject: [Leica] Loose screws
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:40:21 -0400

On Mar 16, 2009, at 4:57 PM, Tina wrote:

> Stephen said it was a case of the screws being vibrated loose - as in
> a plane flight.  Not covered by warranty. Send $60 for labor.

What a lame excuse. Air travel is the normal mode of long distance
travel these days. I've flown tens of thousands of miles with a
variety of cameras and none have lost screws because of aircraft
vibration. Either the lens was poorly assembled or badly designed. In
either case it should have been fixed under warranty. Complain
directly to the manufacturer. I've found that a personal letter to the
President or CEO of the company works well.  Either that or open you
window and shout, "I'm fed up with poor quality products and I'm not
going to take it anymore!"

Larry Z