Subject: [Leica] Capture One vs Other RAW Processors
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:40:35 -0500

Welcome Mario,

If you want to both process and manage your image files;
Lightroom and Aperture will do both;
as will Photoshop and Bridge (to some extent).

Personally, I love Lightroom (probably because I've been using it
since beta).
It has quick, intuitive editing and cataloging features, including
keywords, etc;
and also has most every post processing tool available;
as well as a simple direct printing interface;
and web export to html or flash galleries;
built in (as well as third party plugins available).

Before Lightroom I used Photoshop for decades (and Bridge when it
came along);
and still go to it for the heavy lifting
(detailed retouching, perspective correction, montage, design
elements, etc.).

I played just a bit with CaptureOne when it was touted as the "best"
RAW processor;
and then again when the light version came with the M8.
I found the interface difficult and unintuitive (by Mac standards).

Bottom line they're all good, solid programs.
And experience, just as in the darkroom,
will bring fine results from any of them.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com