Subject: [Leica] Safari 4
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:02:12 -0500

On Mar 2, 2009, at 12:26 AM, lug-request at leica-users.org wrote:

> Probably everyone knows already, but a few days ago Apple released
> the beta
> for Safari 4.  I'm using it now on Windows and I'm loving it.
> Almost as
> quick as Chrome but has a nicer look and feel, and so far, no
> glitches.
>  Photo rendering is very quick, due to the new Nitro engine (they
> say).

Safari 4 works great on all versions of the Mac too, including the
older ones with G3 and G4 processors. eWeek thinks very highly of it.
To get it you have to go the the Apple site and download it from
there. It is not yet available on Apple's Software Update facility on
OSX operating systems. Perhaps because it is still a Beta version.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Safari 4)