Subject: [Leica] Digital camera purchase conundrum
From: leica at ralgo.nl (leica)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:33:34 +0100

If you shoot mostly 1.4 and 2.0 lenses, that they are what you wish
to use. They are, I assume from your M4 comments, M lenses.

The only expedient solution then is a R-D1. They are simple cameras,
melting into the hand for a perfect fit. Accepting M lenses, with
only the sometimes flaw of the rangefinder alignment. But, if you use
the outermost rectangle (the frame) for horizontal and vertical
alignment, then it works a dream.

But, just 6 megapixels. Problem in a reportage environment; I don't
think so.

Cost ? For one in good condition, I guess, ? $999.

Good luck,
B.