Subject: [Leica] Useful photo app for iPhone/Touch
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:31:27 -0600

Gang, I just ran across a pretty useful photo app for the Phone/Touch called
Photon (free from the app store).  I like to keep photos on my Touch but I
also keep albums online at Smugmug, Picasaweb, and on my laptop.  Photon
offers a way to integrate all these sources into albums that can be viewed
on the Phone/Touch or on your home computer, and updated or rearranged when
needed.  It also offers a way to do limited edits (curves, cropping,
flipping) either on the gadget or on your computer, and provides a way to
email photos or albums, link albums to Facebook, etc.  Once Photon does its
integration it stores everything on your gadget for offline viewing.  That's
important because often when I want to show an image there's no wireless
signal available.  Photon also renders images quickly and produces
auto-slideshows with music.
To use Photon, load it onto the Phone/Touch and then go to their website
using your real computer.  Set up a free account, and then start linking
albums.  You can import from Picasaweb, Smugmug and other online albums
you've already established.  You can upload to an album via browse and
click, and you can DL a plugin for Picasa that let's you UL directly from
albums there.  Within a few minutes I had integrated a lot of my existing
albums into Photon albums for the gadget.

And as I said, it's free.  Go to the app store and search for Photon.

The parent web site is here: http://www.phanfare.com/home/

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE