Subject: [Leica] Birds from Ranthambhore
From: leica at ralgo.nl (leica)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:01:17 +0100

I managed to borrow, from my friendly dealer, a 200-400 with a D700
to test its capabilities. So sharp; portraits at 10 metres.

BUT, at almost 4 kgs. much too heavy to hand-hold or even carry-
around for a whole day on safari

The only other option was a 400/4 DO from Canon, weighing-in at under
2 kgs. The new cost was, I thought, too hefty.
Eventually, I found a "demo" lens in Belgium, which I am now testing.

My gratitude for his time, help and recommendation in this decision,
go to Len Taupier.

Bruce.