Subject: [Leica] OT Re: 2009 Survey
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 01:26:53 +0100

Geoff,

A bit of trivia from a slightly older LUGGER.

As a sixth former I actually saw the filming of one episode (in 1968 or
1969, I think) at the station in my home town of Pudsey (near Leeds)
while on my way home from school.

It was the episode with "You're No Fun Anymore", where the two
characters, Mr and Mrs Samuel Brainsample, can be seen walking along the
platform of
<http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/New_Pudsey_railway_station>New
Pudsey railway station. I think that was also the episode with the
Hell's Grannies in it.

Probably the only thing exciting that ever happened in Pudsey, apart
from producing some world class cricketers.

Len Hutton (born in Pudsey Fulneck), Herbert Sutcliffe, Ray Illingworth
and Matthew Hoggard all began their careers in Pudsey and the 19th
Century cricket star John Tunnicliffe was born in Pudsey Lowtown.

Apart from that, Leary Constantine (political activist, first black peer
and cricket legend), Diana "Mrs Peel" Rigg and Paul and Barry Ryan
(Eloise) all attended the Moravian public school in Pudsey Fulneck.

Cheers
Douglas