Subject: [Leica] Test Zeiss Jena Sonnar 2/85
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:18:02 +0100

Hi Geoff,

Maybe..., maybe.. This is an interesting case to study. As you know
this is the Contax RF old Zeiss Jena Sonnar 2/8,5 cm, the glass is
perfect, only some dust that it can not affect final quality. These
pictures was shot on a cloudy day.

I use it with an special adaptor that consist in the front focusing
part of the old RF Contax adapted to Leica M mount, I've tried it on
the M8 and no trace of this problem, on the M8 the only problem is a
slight focus shift, I have sand the adapter to be adjusted a little
bit more, on the M3 it was not a focus problem, I think this is as you
say an internal reflection, probably a small light has entered due to
the adjustment of the adapter.

When the lens is correctly set it performs nicely, do you remember
these se?oritas with this lens on the M8?:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1001206-1.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1001206bw.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1001206-2bw.jpg.html

Maybe it is a lens that only work with nice se?oritas?

Thank you Geoff!

All the best!
Lluis

El 22/03/2009, a las 21:59, Geoff Hopkinson escribi?: