Subject: [Leica] Summitar filter
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 06:16:01 -0400

Peter,

I've made two of these filters but had to stop when I couldn't find
any more of the threaded ring type. I went so far as to have Ed at
Collectible Cameras check every Summitar filter in stock, no luck.
They appear to have more now then when I checked though.  I did not
check the stock at KEH. They have six. I suppose you could buy them
and return what didn't work out. Maybe someone on the LUG has a
threaded type.

I think the best solution might be what Marty suggests. However the
Grimes adapter is probably very expensive and the SNHOO is impossible
to find.

In any case good luck,
Len