Subject: [Leica] M8 shooting without lens coding or IR filters
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:52:05 -0400

Susan,
I have had my M8 almost from the beginning.  I use lenses from 1934 to the
present from Zeiss, Leica, Schnieder, Canon, Nikon, Minolta, C/V.  None are
coded, I haven't used the hot filters that Leica sent me.  Yes, sometimes
there is a slight cast.  Almost always it is easily corrected in LR.  If I
shot more people wearing synthetic clothing it might be a problem.  When the
M8 first came out one of the LUGers had shot a wedding under tungsten light;
the tuxes were all green and it took him quite a bit of work to get the
color close to OK.

So, buy the camera and try it.  The worst that will happen is that you will
work on your B&W conversions until the funds come to buy hot filters.  No
worries.