Subject: [Leica] M8 shooting without lens coding or IR filters
From: scoutfinch at chartermi.net (Susan Ryan)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:53:27 -0400

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum before, but I never paid
much attention because it wasn't relevant to me at the time. I
currently have a  50mm Summicron, 35mm Summilux, a Nocti, a 90mm
Summicron, and a CV21mm.  If I buy a used M8, will I realistically be
able to use my lenses without coding or IR filters? I'm thinking about
taking the plunge but the catch-22 is that my bank account will be so
broken I wouldn't be able to send my lenses in for coding for awhile,
and I don't know firsthand how severe the IR problem is going to be. I
could try a coding kit or the "do it yourself" method and I know those
are my only options for the CV but I don't know how worthwhile those
options are. If anyone is happily shooting uncoded and unfiltered I'd
like to hear from you. Off list response is fine with me  - apologies
in advance for boring 99% of the list.

Sue

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] M8 shooting without lens coding or IR filters)
Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] M8 shooting without lens coding or IR filters)