Subject: [Leica] 21mm Summilux
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (Edward Caliguri)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 03:02:19 -0400

Someone mentioned the 21 'lux ASPH, so just a note to say I am working
it now.
I never had a sharpness issue with the 21 or 24 2.8 ASPH lenses; found
them corner to corner tack sharp. I was tempted by the speed of the
new glass, and hoped it delivered on film as well at the M8. It does.

DOF is larger thsn you may think at 1.4, so the seperate finder is no
problem. The series VIII UV/IR filter is 'on order' but so far all's
well.

It's big and heavier than other 21's but we know that.
As Doug mentiomed before when it was first announced at Photokina (and
I rejected it) it does seem to be more telecentric in design.
Vignetting is near zero. I suspect the 18 will be the same.