Subject: [Leica] M8 shooting without lens coding or IR filters
From: kenlass at gate.net (Ken Lassiter)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:59:12 -0400

Susan:

I have only 2 lenses coded and have the 2 free filters.  Before I got
the lenses coded and received the free filters, I photographed my wife
on Christmas Day wearing a green sweater. It came out bluish.  I tried
both flash and available light. Still bluish.  Later I tried the same
shot using my Canon 40D DSLR. Came out bluish.  When I got the filters
and coded lens, I photographed her again with the M8. The same bluish.
This is the only time I have seen any strange effects using the M8.  I
conclude it is her sweater materials and it has nothing to do with the
camera, lens coding, and using UV/IR filters -- or not.

Get the M8. Shoot with it. You will love it. Stop worrying!  Enjoy life!

Regards... Ken Lassiter
Boynton Beach, FL