Subject: [Leica] OT: CV 15/4.5 in Nikon F Mount
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:22:55 -0700

Is this about RF lenses or are the SLR lenses included in this discussion?

>From what I remember, there was a 13mm full frame rectilinear lens... and I
remember a 10.5mm, but forget if it is rectilinear or fisheye.....
The 15mm was also available....and it was rectilinear.....
The 18mm was also available as well as the 20mm..... both rectilinear.....

Now, what I do not know is if these lenses were retrofocus designs or
not.......

I could not find a lens on the Cameraquest site that lists a
Cosina/Voigtlander 15mm lens for the Nikon F...... Where is it?  And does it
focus to infinity?

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

The 1.5X crop bodies would probably be OK but I'll bet full frame
would be a big problem. I'll bet this is the biggest challenge Leica
is having in making a full frame rangefinder. I would like to see
some photos using the CV 15mm on an F2 though. I think that except
for the circular fisheyes, the 2.1cm f4 Nikkor was the widest non-
retrofocus lens Nikon had.

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] OT: CV 15/4.5 in Nikon F Mount)
Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] OT: CV 15/4.5 in Nikon F Mount)
Message from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] OT: CV 15/4.5 in Nikon F Mount)